Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Don't cash this check!


I received a letter from Chase Bank and it has a check payable to me.

At first, I thought it is a reward check from my Chase Reward Card.

It turns out to be a bait from Trilegiant Corp. -
If I cash the check, my Chase credit card will be charged $59.99 for six months of Shoppers Advantage benefits.

It claims it will give me a dollar back for every dollar charged to my Chase credit card up to $200, year after year.
I googled Trilegiant and I found
Trilegiant Corp. and Chase Bank have settled with AG from 15 states to resolve allegations that the companies misled consumers into paying for membership programs that purported to provide consumers with discounts on auto and home repairs, shopping, and other goods and services.

Shoppers Advantage is one of the programs.

Too bad my state is not one of the 15 states.
In the end, I tore up the check.

No comments: