Saturday, August 25, 2007

Stop debt collection agencies calling you

All debt collection agencies love to call you at the most inconvenient hours.

FinanceIsPersonal.com has a sample letter for you to write, and send it certified mail, return receipt requested; telling the debt collection agencies that under the Fair Debt Collection Practices act, they are not allowed to contact you further in regards to the debt in question. If they do illegally contact you after that, you could sue them and will win quite easily.

Below is FinanceIsPersonal.com’s a sample cease and desist letter:

[Date]

To Whom It May Concern:

Your company has contacted me about a debt that you allege I owe, and I am instructing you to not contact me further in regards to this debt in question. Under the federal law (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), you and your company may not contact me any further as I have notified you not to do so.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

[Your Address]

No comments: